Sunday, March 20, 2011

6 weeks to go

It's six weeks to race day.  It's becoming a little more real.  I'm excited for the race to be over.  I've really liked running, and I'm thinking I might keep up with the running once I've completed the half marathon...just not to the same extent as I've been running now.  I'll probably only run once or twice a week on top of derby...that will be enough for me. 

With six weeks left to go I feel like I'm in a pretty good position.  My runs start getting longer this week....7 miles which I believe will be difficult, but not impossible.  It was nice to be able to run 3 miles with "ease" today.  I pushed myself a little bit, so it wasn't all easy, but I was able to do it and didn't feel like quitting at any point during the run.  That felt really good.  I ran 4 miles outside this last week and that was difficult.  I'm glad the weather is starting to warm up so I can run more outside.  I need to be doing that.  I was surprised when I ran the 4 miles outside how much more difficult it is to run outside.  I don't have the treadmill to help me set my pace and the incline is not steady.  But...I've still got 6 weeks to get my body used to running outside.

Thankfully my knees have been cooperating with me.  They hurt every now and then, but a little bit of ice and rest and they really do feel better.  I'm so grateful for that.  I was very nervous about what my knees would be doing about now...but they are hanging in there.

My goal for the next week is to get comfortable running and setting my own pace outside.  And getting some songs together for a play list to listen to during my race.  Any suggestions you have would be awesome.  I haven't looked through my library too much yet...but that is certainly on my to do list between now and May 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment