Saturday, May 11, 2013

8 months old

Well Rowan has hit the 8 month mark. Like all other months this one has flown by. The 7th of each month comes up so quickly. It's hard to believe we'll need to start actually planning a birthday party here soon.
This month was also full of milestones.

-Rowan has 3 teeth fully emerged. One other top tooth looks like it wants to cone in but it's been shy for about 2-3 weeks. Those chompers are sharp though. He bit me once hard enough to draw blood....while nursing. Thankfully it was just the one time.

-Rowan is a crawler! He started to crawl about a week or so ago. He's still a little robotic when he crawls, but he is certainly figuring out how to get around. It's great to see him exploring.

-Rowan said 'mama'. Well, kinda. He says 'mamamamamamama' a lot. He seems to say it when he's hungry, tired,or otherwise upset. I don't think he has connected me to 'mama' completely yet, but I still love hearing that sound.

-Rowan is probably a little over 17 pounds now. He loves his food. We've added squash, zucchini, green beans, and strawberries into his diet. Strawberries were an oops. We gave him some strawberry yogurt things and he really liked them, so we decided to do a strawberry/pear mix. He hasn't seemed to have an allergic reaction, but we're preceding with caution.

I'm quickly realizing my time with Rowan as a baby is coming to an end. He's looking more and more grown up as time goes by. I can't say I was the least bit sad when I got to hold him for an hour and a half while he napped today. It was sweet and something I won't get to do a whole lot more of with him.

Heart. Breaker.

Michief. Maker.


No comments:

Post a Comment