Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 weeks!

29 1/2 weeks and feeling great!
30 weeks down, 10 to go!  That means we're 3/4 (or 75%) of the way done!  That's crazy!  These last 10 weeks are going to fly by I'm sure too. 

I am sooooo thankful I have continued to feel amazing!  I think a large part of it is forcing myself to drink a lot of water (100-128oz per day) and move every day.  That and I must have some pretty good genes in my line.  My only complaints as of late are sore hips.  Swelling hasn't been bad and I've been sleeping great still.  I'm feeling Braxton Hicks contractions every day.  I'm hoping they really are 'warm up' contractions and my body is learning what it needs to do come labor and delivery time.

I've decided to officially 'retire' my skates for a while.  I noticed a few weeks ago that I was having more Braxton Hicks contractions when I would go for a walk.  Our doctor thought this may be because I was dehydrated, but I'm really not sure how that's possible.  Either way, I don't want to push myself too hard, so my work outs have changed from skating, yoga, and walking to just yoga and walking.  Didn't quite make it through all of June with skating once a week, but that's OK. Yoga has felt AMAZING.  The dogs love the walks too...it's just been too hot this week to take them on walks.  100 degree days and humidity so high you can see it in the air isn't good for me or fur covered animals. 

Marveling at how tiny newborn diapers are
Rowan is doing exactly what he should.  Good strong heart beat at each appointment, growing, and regular movements...though he likes to push up into the right side of my rib cage which isn't the most comfortable.  Ian says each night when he comes to bed (and I've already been asleep for a couple of hours), he can feel Rowan having a party and moving all over the place.  We may have another night owl in our house come September.


We're getting more and more things ready in the house and in Rowan's room.  We have our stroller and car seat sitting in his room waiting to be put together and  installed in the car.  Clothes are starting to appear in his closet.  Diapers are appearing on the changing table.  There's going to be a baby living in there soon!  Every day a bit more excitement replaces a bit of anxiety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment