Thursday, March 29, 2012

17 down, 23 to go

Wow...typing that title I realized that we're almost at the halfway point in this pregnancy.  That's just crazy!  September seems so far away, but it's really not that far off. 

I've still been feeling good.  I got sick for the first time right at 15 weeks and then got sick earlier this week.  Good news is that as long as I don't get too tired and too hungry all at once, I don't get sick.  My only other complaint is the cramps I've been feeling in my calves.  I've had two in the last week or so.  Hoping this isn't an indication of more to come.  If it is, can't do too much about it.  Drink water...eat a balanced diet...get exercise...and keep counting down the weeks until this temporary discomfort is over and Ian and I get to meet our little one. 

I had a very exciting moment today though when I felt the baby move for the first time during the day.  This last weekend, when I was in Dallas for the Clover Cup with the Omaha Roller Girls, I was laying in bed about to fall asleep when I felt a little 'pop' inside of me.  I felt it again a few minutes later and wondered if it was our baby.  A friend of mine who's an OB said it's possible for me to be feeling small movements.  I've felt the baby one more time before today but it was the same story...laying still right before bed.  Today, I was at work and felt that same 'pop' feeling.  Then I felt it again.  That's my kid kicking me!  It was a bit crazy to realize that's just the start of a lot more (and a lot stronger) kicks to come. 

Sadly Ian and I haven't been able to take too many pictures since I've been traveling so much lately.  Hopefully we'll get on track now and I'll have pictures to post.  I am starting to show and I have outgrown some of my clothes.  I'm not quite ready to graduate into maternity clothes, so using a belly band and pants that were too big thanks to running and derby to hold me off for another month or so.  Thanks to my mama...I mean baby's Nana...though, I have a few cute options for maternity clothes when I'm ready. 

Just a few more weeks until Ian and I get to see our little one.  Can't wait for that ultra sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment